Vision and goals
Idea & purpose
The magic forest - an adventure trail/playground for families with children aged between 3 and 10 on the Wasen near Ernen
The clearing on the Wasen, located between Ernen and Ausserbinn, with its bizarre landscape of gnarled Norway spruce trees and mighty boulders, offers ideal natural conditions for setting up an adventure-oriented playground with a themed trail. The main square is equipped with a fireplace, table, bench and fountain with basic infrastructure and is also accessible with a baby carriage. The Wasen is accessible by public transport (own post bus stop "Zauberwald - Wasen").
The aim of the enchanted forest is to offer children a wealth of areas ("stations") where they can play actively and creatively with natural materials and to create a forest-themed trail where they can experience the scenes of the exciting story of Brüna the squirrel. The enchanted forest is an attractive destination for families with children for half-day or full-day excursions, combining activity, creativity and the experience of nature.
The squirrel's adventures were also printed as a beautifully illustrated children's book in 2007. The Magic Forest Foundation, based in Ernen, was founded on January 18, 2007 to realize the project.
The Magic Forest Foundation has developed a vision based on the following guiding principles:
- Fantasy, promoting intuition, imagination and creativity through openness of mind
- Close to nature, experiencing the forest habitat
- Imparting knowledge about habitats in a playful way
- Promoting motor skills, movement in general
- Promoting communication (child / child, between generations, healthy / disabled, city / periphery, foreign / domestic,...)
- Increasing intellectual, cultural, social and material added value
The foundation should radiate beyond the region and set impulses at cantonal level in line with the foundation's philosophy.